Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Weekend

I got to spend Valentines weekend at my Grandma and Grandpa Hale's house. Its always a lot of fun to visit them. We had a Valentines day full of food, fun, family, games, and more food. From the blog you would think that all we do is eat. The truth is we do have pretty extravagant meals, but it is a Hale family tradition to pull out the camera right when everyone sits down to eat. I'm not sure why but it seems like it has always been that way. We played a lot of games which is also another fun tradition. Grandma is so funny when she plays games. I guess you just have to play a game with her to understand why.

For our Valentines lunch, heart shaped pizza from Uncle Bob's place.
For our Valentine dinner we had fondue. It was so good. you cannot expect anything less than the best when you are at grandma's. We had Kathy, David, Me, Grandma, Grandpa and 2 of my cousins Marley and Ryan there.
Ryan, David and Me.


We had a a good majority of the cousins around our age at grandma and grandpas for Sunday dinner.
I have some awesome grandparents, actually probably the coolest old people you will ever meet. On both sides of the family really. Here my Grandpa Hale is rockin out on guitar hero. I have a video of it, and he plays and dances. I love it.
We had the opportunity to go to the Draper,Utah temple open house.
Grandpa, Me, Kathy, and Ryan after the tour.

My newest nephew. Johnathan Richard Hale. I love being an aunt. He was born on February 12, 2009. On my sister Julia's birthday. Crazy to think that this time last year I only had 2 nieces, now I have 6 nieces and nephews. I can't help but think that they are going to have so much fun together when they are older, especially since I was able to spend time with most of my cousins my age this weekend.

2 comments:

Janel said...

Yum, yum, yum...looks like you had a yummy v-day with all that food. I am glad you could spend time with gma and gpa. Janae I am so glad you got a camera, because you take so many pictures, and you know me I love pictures!

Erika said...

Janae! I found your blog through Janel's too! lol. What a fun Valentine's Day!! I miss you and Kathy soo much! You wanna know what drew and I did for Valentines Day? went to work, ate pizza and watched the NBA slam dunk contest. lol. not very romantic, i know. But, hey, with us, everyday is Valentine's Day! :) miss you!!