I had the opportunity to go to the Saturday morning session of general conference this year. It was so neat to be there as they called the new apostle, Neal L. Anderson. I loved general conference. I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, it is such a great blessing. It seemed like everything was pointing to enduring the hard times well, and that the righteous need not fear. It gives me motivation to be better. Faith and fear can not be in the same place and I want to be a person of faith, not fear. Its a great time to be a live.
As Kathy and I were sitting down, the person right in front of us said, "Kathy?" We looked down to see one of our close friends from high school (Allison Collins) sitting there. Kathy almost dove over the seat to give her a hug. It has probably been two years since we have seen her. It was crazy, what are the odds? A few minutes later another one of our close friends from high school (Christine Dunn) who had come with Allison, came and sat down too. About that time the people sitting next to Kathy and I moved. So, we were able to sit together.

No comments:
Post a Comment