Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's in Vegas

My friend Bekah got married in th Las Vegas Temple on Saturday, February 13. So David and I made the trip down along with David's roommate Wes, There FHE (family home evening) sister Michelle, and Wes's friend Troy. It was a really fun and cheap trip. We stayed with Michelle's parents in Henderson and they bought a ton of food for us. So the only thing I had to spend money on was gas.
I will be honest. Before going to the Las Vegas Temple I didn't think it was the prettiest temple, but I actually love it. It was hard to get a picture of the whole temple with the way it is set up though.

David is always a monkey especailly when he gets around T.J. the one on the right.

I have two friends serving in the Las Vegas Mission right now, My sister-in-law Haley's brother Russell, and my friend Nathan Johnson who I met at BYU-Idaho my first year of college. We sent a copy of the picture below to Russell and David and I both sent him a note along with it.
We were invited to the luncheon between the wedding and the reception. The luncheon was held at the same building as the reception. We left after the luncheon and came back for the reception. During the reception I saw some missionaries so I asked if they knew either of my friends. They told me that Elder Johnson had actually had a baptism in that building earlier that day, and was at the building filling up the font during the luncheon. So we were in the same building at the same time, but we didn't see each other. SMALL WORLD. Isn't that crazy?

The new Mr. and Mrs. Adam Homer
We were singing to them as they had their first dance. They loved it.
Notice the bouquet of flowers flying through the air heading straight into my hands... This is the 2nd bouquet I've caught, so if the tale is true I would be married by now right. haha. I think I'm going to see how many I can catch before I actually end up getting married.
So I caught the bouquet and David caught the garter. It was really funny. One of the people there thought we were a couple they said "Oh that is so wonderful." When I told her that we were siblings she looked a little embarassed and said "OOH MY, That is HILARIOUS!!!"
Michelle, Wes, and Me
CHEESE!
We all thought it would be funny if we got fake tattoos. I got a CTR on my foot, David obviously got a superman symbol on his back, Michelle also got one on her shoulder, and Wes got one that says Heidi. The name Heidi really has no meaning. The funniest part is that we live in Rexburg so its not like we are going ot go swimming and show them off. I think it was more just for memories sake.

2 comments:

Janel said...

Janae, I love all the stories you included. So I caught 5 bouquets before I got married. My challenge to you is to see if you can beat me. Good luck!

JoLayne said...

I love this post. I am so glad you guys had such a good time. You look really cute in the pictures! Love you Mom