Tuesday, October 19, 2010

California Surprise!

Last Thursday I decided that I was going to go to California to surprise my dear friend Bailey for her mission farewell. I rode down with two friends. It was a 12 hour drive, and we left right after we got out of class on Friday around 2pm.

When we got to Bailey's house I hid behind the car. The guys asked Bailey to help with their bags, and when she came around the corner, I jumped out. She almost had a heart attack (partially because it was dark and I scared her, but mostly because she was beside herself that I was there). Bailey surprised Kathy for her farewell (see Kathy's farewell blog post) she couldn't believe that I pulled the same thing on her, but she was so glad that I did.

We stayed up until 4am talking, and then woke up at 8 am. On Saturday we went to the Oakland Temple and visitors center, we had lunch at Fenton's Creamery (the one from the movie UP) so delicious!!!, we went to the Golden Gate Bridge, and explored San Francisco.






After our adventures we went back to Bailey's for some down time. I CRASHED!!!!! As you can tell from the picture they took of me during my nap.



That night was Bailey's farewell party.

By the end of the farewell party Megan and I were exhausted (We both drove to California from Idaho the night before). We got a power nap so we could play all night long.

Then we went over to a friends house and celebrated Bailey's last night by playing games and going swimming!!!! (we had to go swimming in our clothes)
This is a sneak peek of the games we played. They were so much fun. I was basically rolling on the floor laughing.
On Sunday morning and then we listened to Bailey give her farewell address. We hit the road at about noon, and got home at 1am. On Monday morning I went to the doctor to find out that I have mono. That explains me crashing all weekend. It was still worth the trip. I'm so glad I got to see Bailey one last time, and enjoy this exciting time with her.

1 comment:

Lindsay Hansen said...

MONO?! Janae! That is no fun at all. Get better soon!!!