Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conference

I love General Conference!!!! Mostly because it is General Conference, and it is always so encouraging, but I also got to do lots of fun things this conference weekend. For starters Megan decided at the last minute to drive out with a couple friends. They drove a total of 60 hours to be out here for 36 hours. It was so much fun to spend time with her.

We started by making a quick stop by the Knoxville mission reunion that was being held in Salt Lake. This is us with (Elder) David Jackman. He served in our singles ward last fall and I got to help him and his companion out a lot. It was cool to see a lot of the old missionaries, and other people from Knoxville.
Me and one cute cousin Kristine!

Me and Megan

We crashed at my cousin Kristine's apartment in Salt Lake for the night.
Megan literally crashed on the love sac and I am not kidding when I say she did not move until I woke her up the next morning. Poor girl, got like 3 hours of sleep in 48 hours.
We got to go to both sessions of conference in the Conference Center on Saturday. For the morning session we just got there early and asked people for tickets on the side walk. We lucked out and found someone who had extra tickets. Michael and Chris (the guys from my home ward that Megan drove to Utah with) had 2 extra tickets for the afternoon session. Perfect right? So we went to the second session with them.
If you have ever seen the TLC show called "The Little Chocolatiers" you recognize the people in the picture. They own Hatch Family Chocolates in Salt Lake City. They have very delicious chocolates!!
Also if you are ever in Salt Lake you should try The Pie Pizzeria. It is this hole in the wall place. It might be the best pizza I have ever eaten.
On Sunday I spent the day at my Grandma and Grandpa Hale's house. I enjoyed listening to conference, and spending time with Grandma, Grandpa, and my Uncle Bob's family.

Jon, Adam, Me, and Kinsey

1 comment:

JoLayne said...

Janae, I just love your blog in case you didn't know. Keep it up!
Love you,
Mom