Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fall 2010

The semester is over and I am currently loving every minute of my Christmas break!! I love being surrounded by loved ones!! I was quite the blogging slacker this semester so I'll give you an overview. The semester started out perfectly!! I was on top of all my school work, loving my new ward, going on fun adventures, and simply enjoying everything. All of that came to a halt when I got mono. Before I always thought, so you're tired for a few weeks, no big deal...WRONG!!!! Suddenly, the ONLY thing I could do was sleep. Some of you might think that sounds wonderful, but if you know me very well you know that I like to get things done. I hate sleeping excessively, I sleep enough to get the energy I need. I was not a happy camper when I would sleep an average of 20 hours a day and still wake up exhausted. I was informed that most people drop the semester when they get mono, and I had just changed my major making that near impossible to do. I missed atleast 3 weeks of school, and when I started going back to class it was all I could do to keep up with then new material we were covering. I have never felt so frustrated, inadequate, helpless, or overwhelmed. Just when I would start to get better I would get hit with another wave of exhaustion. That is still going on. It was especially frustrating during finals.
Lets look at the positive. The first thing my Mom said after I told her I have mono was "You are going to learn some valuable lessons this semester." I had no idea how true that statement would prove to be. I learned so many things that I wouldn't have learned any other way. I could write a long list of things, but it all boils a few things. It is possible to accomplish things that you CANNOT do on your own when you rely on the Lord. Count your many blessings, including your trials, they can be the best blessings of all if you will allow yourself to learn from them. It was nothing short of a miracle that I was able to finish the semester with a B average. It was not easy but it was worth all of the hard work and frustration. This time next year I will be finishing my last semester on campus, and getting ready to start my student teaching :). That's it in a nutshell. Merry Christmas!!

No comments: