Friday, May 6, 2011

Tennessee

I got to take a quick trip to Tennessee between semesters. Janel came down from Michigan and Aaron and his family came up from Georgia. We celebrated Easter while all of us were together by having an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos and an Easter dinner.

Brooklynn, William, and Jonathan hiding in the shower while we hid the eggs in the back yard.


Aaron's family and Derek had to leave on Sunday to get back to real life but Janel and her girls stayed the whole week with me. It was so good to spend time with them.

Little Katers is so stinking adorable!!
Brooklynn could not get enough of the trampoline. She did not waste an opportunity to jump. She would wake me up in the morning and ask me to jump with her. One morning I told her that we couldn't yet because we were not dressed. She proceeded to have me pick out her clothes and help her get dressed. Once she was dressed she informed me that it was my turn to get dressed. How can you say no to that?


Brooklynn is like unto a fish. She LOVES water in any form. When I told her we were going to go swimming in the big bath tub with bubbles she was so excited. She made sure we did this more than once.


Me, Janel, and David after going to lunch with Dad.
At the end of the week I drove back to Michigan with Janel and then flew back to Utah the next day. I actually went to 10 states during this week long break, due to traveling and a few adventures we took while we were in Tennessee. We went down to Scottsboro Alabama to the Unclaimed Baggage Store. It is definitely my favorite place to shop. I got 5 new shirts, and 3 pairs of shoes. Most of them still had tags on them and I don't think I spent more than $8 on one item.

It was a great break! I got some much needed time with Janel and her beautiful girls, and it was good to be in Tennessee for a bit. I hadn't been to Tennessee in the spring for 4 years, and it was so BEAUTIFUL!!

No comments: