Thursday, September 29, 2011

BAD LUCK!!!! (That didn't tickle)

WARNING: IF YOU DON'T LIKE GROSS THINGS DO NOT READ THIS POST!!! Can't say I didn't warn you.

Lately I have had a bit of bad luck. It started on my birthday. We were getting out of the Weber River after doing a 2 hour float and I stubbed my toe on a rock. I thought "wow that was the most painful part of the float" When I looked at my toe I realized that my toenail was coming off. YIKES!! It was pretty painful. After getting home and soaking it was was pretty sure that the toenail would not fall off.


I was proven wrong a few days later when I looked down and saw this. My toenail fell off shortly after. Now I have painted now painted my nail-less toe so it looks normal. As you will see in later pictures.

Just two days after the toe incident, I was cutting a watermelon for Grandma when the knife slipped. Resulting in....
David, and I were slacklining last Thursday, which we do all the time. We tried to set it up differently than we normally would using a wench. We just grabbed a wench out of the truck and the rope connected to the wench was somewhat weathered. We set up the slackline making it tighter than ever before. When I stepped on the rope the weak part of the rope snapped, which caused the wench to drive into my foot with all the force of the extremely tight rope. Let me tell you! It did not tickle!!!! Before I knew what happened there was blood everywhere. It hit me on the top of my right foot at about the first metatarsal bone. Literally blood was pulsing out of my foot. My first instinct was to put pressure on my foot. I was completely calm and told David to call Dad. After which David ran to his car to get something to wrap my foot in, and Camerin got me some water (mostly to clean the blood off of my hands...there was A LOT!!). David returned with the only thing he could find, a Hollister shirt, and didn't even hesitate to wrap it around my bloody foot (What a good brother?!). During all of this I found the time to call the mother of the boy who I was supposed to tutor for 20 minutes later. That conversation went something like this "Hi, this is Janae. I'm sorry I won't be able to make it to tutoring. Something came up, it's kind of an emergency." ( I called her later to fill her in on the details). The boys helped me to the car and David took me to the doctor where I got x-rays and stitches. Turns out I fractured a bone, and I was bleeding out bone marrow blood. That is why I was bleeding so much and it was so thick. Through the whole experience I was able to stay completely calm. I do not have to wear a boot, and I get my stitches out on Monday. It really could've been so much worse. I'm just grateful that it wasn't!

This is the day after the accident (notice it is the same foot that is missing a toenail and I have painted over so you cannot tell). Also notice that my foot is fat and swollen.
Two days after the accident.


No comments: