I was able to attend the dedication of the Rexburg, Idaho Temple.
I went to a few fun dances. Here is a picture of the group I went to the sweet hearts ball with. It was my first college formal.
My second college dance was Sadie Hawkins. David, Kathy and I went together with our dates. Well David and I went with our dates, Kathy and Russel just had a "hang out". (Kathy told me to say that).
My Sister Janel was still in Rexburg for a while when Kathy and I first got there and we were lucky enough to be around when she had her first baby in March of 2008, little Brooklynn. My sister-in-law had twins 13 days after Brooklynn was born. I went from two nieces, to five nieces and nephews in 2 weeks. I must admit I am a proud Aunt.
On Sunday nights they have stadium singing. We go under the stadium and sing hymns, the acoustics are really good under there. I love to go stadium singing even when it is so cold out side. I always had good company. In the summer the temperature is perfect for it.
Those are some of the fun things from winter semester. Now on to the summer semester. I would like to say that it was a super warm summer, but that would be a lie. I think the last time it snowed was June 11. I only remember because I thought it was so ridiculous. It really was not bad at all though as far as weather goes. You get used to, and even if that weren't the case it would not matter because I LOVE REXBURG!!Like the second week of the summer semester we were at the park playing football. Most the people I had just met. We were playing on some nice grass and I had just showered. I jumped and caught the ball and it was the perfect catch, but what I didn't notice was that I was over the only mud puddle in the park. As I came down I knew something was not right when I ended up in a tidal wave of mud. Most the people didn't know Kathy was my sister and thought it was so rude of her to be rolling on the ground laughing at me. The only person laughing harder than her was me.
The fun thing about being a poor college student, is you are surrounded by poor college students. We made our own fun, football in the park, sledding, bonfires at the sand dunes, ice blocking, fugative, etc. These pictures are from another weekend when David came to visit, we went ice blocking and had a bonfire at the sand dunes.
This a picture from one of many road trips down to Utah. We stayed at my cousins the Engebretsens house in Provo. That was one of my favorite things about going to school in Idaho. It is so easy to go to Utah and see a lot of my family.
The BYU-Idaho Triathalon. I did it with two of Kathy's roommates Nicole and Brittany. It was fun and I totally want to do it again. Maybe next year I will do it by myself.

3 comments:
Janae,
I love your Blog! I am so glad that Janel helped you get one going. I am also happy to hear that you are starting to feel more rested after all of your hard work.
Love You,
Mom
I love this post! This is going to be so fun for you to have in the future. I really wish I could have done something like this in my college years to recap all the memories. I am so excited to you to go back to BYU-I for another great year. love ya!
Love your Blog, it makes me miss being a college student in Rexburg! So fun! Hope all is well with you!
Post a Comment