Thursday, June 10, 2010

Look Out Odgen!!!

HERE SHE COMES!!!! in español!!!

Yup! Kathy got her mission call to Ogden Utah, and she couldn't be more excited!!!This Tennessee girl (I use that term lightly when referring to Kathy) couldn't have been called closer to home even if she got called to Tennessee. I think it is rather hilarious. Mostly because the only place I wouldn't want to serve a mission is Utah. I'd say that maybe 70% of our extended family lives in the Ogden mission with another 20% within an hour drive. So crazy. Surely she will experience Utah in a way she has never dreamed of before. I hear missionaries there are treated like royalty. (maybe it's a rumor...doubt it)

I am really truly excited for Kathy. I know she is going to love it, and Utah is her favorite state. Plus she gets to learn Spanish. That's all she really wanted. My guess is after her mission she's going to marry a Utah boy and live their forever.

Good luck Kathy. You'll have the time of your life, and your going to be an awesome missionary!!

3 comments:

Kathy Hale said...

Thank you Janae! I read your blog and it made me laugh :) You sure do know me well. I dont think I could have said it better myself! O me o my Utah! I am going to miss you soooo much! Ha, wait I will only be like three hours away AT MOST. It will be interesting to see how I feel being so close with no contact. I'm sure I'll be fine. I can't wait to see what my mission president says about me being surrounded by so much family and close friends!

David H said...

ha ha, three hours away at most; more like 18 months at most. :)

Janae said...

Yeah Kathy! Just because you are 3 hours away at most it doesn't mean I will see you. You might feel like we have never been so far apart before in our lives. Don't worry, I'll write you all the time.